Starting a business of eco-friendly toys is a lucrative venture in the current market scenario when the demand of these toys is increasing by leaps and bounds. You will find a wide range of toys spread all over the places but most of them are not suitable for children. In fact they are made up of harmful materials which may cause many problems among the kids. Bronchitis and allergy are the most common among them. Thus, nowadays a great number of environment conscious people are going for eco-friendly toys instead of the synthetic ones.
Market Potentiality of Eco-Friendly Toys
Eco-friendly toys however, have a great competition with the general ones, as they are much cheaper than the green toys. But with the increase in the awareness, people are now becoming more concerned about the health of their kids rather than the price. The demand for wooden toys for toddlers have gone high in last few decades as they are safe, chemical free and made of sustainable material. The consumers are of mainly the middle class society from South-East Asia. It would be clear from the recent research conducted by the Forrester. American toy sales would expect a little growth from $22.6 billion in 2014 to $23.9 billion in 2018.
Consumers now are more knowledgeable about the benefits of eco-friendly toys and prefer to spend a bit more rather than compromising with the health of the child. This gives a great boost to the toy industry which is in the business of eco-friendly toys.
International Market Demand of Eco-Friendly Toys
Along with India, the demands of safe toys are also higher in the international market. If you can manufacture toys of higher standard of quality, then you can even export your products in the international market.
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Toys
The eco-friendly toys are a bit more expensive than the normal ones. Thus most of the people prefer the normal toys over these. But the co-friendly toys have many advantages which can’t be compromised for the health hazards of the kinds. Below are the few major benefits of the eco-friendly toys: –
- Choking Hazards: Almost all the children have the habit of chewing and putting the toys in their mouth. The usual toys have a great risk of choking. Whereas, the green toys are made with such standard to avoid any kind of choking chances.
- Allergy: Mostly all the usual toys are made up of cheap materials mainly the soft toys. This causes a great chance of absorption of dust and germs. This increases the chance of allergy among the kids. However, the green toys are specially made to avoid any kind of health related issues among kids.
Types of Eco-Friendly Toys
Being eco-friendly doesn’t mean that the variety of toys will be few. However, you might not get a wide range of choices in compare to the other toys. But it is always better to go for the quality rather than the quantity. Below are the few basic types of eco-friendly toys: –
- Soft Toys: The soft toys are the most favourite toys among the kids and have a great demand in the market. However, just not the kids, adults also love soft toys. Kids love to cuddle their stuffed toys and they become their best friend forever.
- Educational Toys: 2 to 5 years is the age between which the brain of the babies grows rapidly. Thus this is the best time to indulge them with education toys. The education toys help to stimulate the brain of the kids along with the movement of their different body parts. It helps kids to learn about color, shape, size etc along with fun.
- Wooden Toys for Toddlers: Small kids have the usual habit of throwing items. Thus, wooden toys are the best options for them. They are usually hardy and a great eco-friendly green toy. You can give a wide variety of shapes and size to the wooden toys.
These are just a few from the wide range of green toys that you can choose for your business niche.
Steps to Start a Business of Eco-Friendly Toys
After knowing all the facts of the eco-friendly toys, I am sure that you will be interested in starting you business in this area. Below are the few steps that you must consider before commencing the same: –
- Business Plan: A business plan consists of your plans and steps about how you are going to operate the business along with the future strategies to grow the same. A business plan also helps you to get financial assistance from banks.
- Registration: You need to register your business as per rules and regulations of the Indian Government. You need to follow the norms laid by the law to establish your business of eco-friendly toys along with the maintenance of the quality standards.
- Location: If you have enough space in your house, then you can begin the business there only. It will save a lot of investment for buying or renting any place. Or else you can choose some place which will not cost you high as location of your manufacturing unit will not be a factor as you will not be dealing with direct customers.
- Promotion: This is the online era, so make sure of the online presence of your business. Create a website of your business and showcase your products out there, Along with this, give ads in news papers and posters so that it can attract maximum of customers and create a brand awareness of your product and its specialty.
People are now getting more aware of the advantages of the eco-friendly toys. It is better to spend some more for the toys rather paying for the doctor fees.