Proofreading jobs from home could be a perfect choice for those individuals who take pleasure in reading and writing and also comfortable with spelling, grammar and punctuation. In fact, proofreaders are responsible for reviewing written copy that has been already edited. Then it has been sent to publication houses for final printing. Proofreaders will have a keen eye of details and ensure that every single piece of writing is clean, accurate and free from any grammatically errors.
Skills and Traits to Become a Proofreader
Proofreading jobs from home can be a genuine employment opportunity for work at home moms to make a good living while taking care of their children. It neither requires profound educational qualification nor any formal training to get started. This profession demands excellent knowledge of the English literature, accuracy and attention to details. One must adept in spelling and grammar and have a huge working vocabulary along with self-motivation and some It skills.
Where to Get Proofreading Work?
Proofreading jobs that allows one to do from his home surroundings are easily available on web. According to a rough estimation, about 7.3 millions new web pages are added everyday and the volume is going up. The content of each web page need to be passed ‘quality check’ before it’s being online. So, there is an ever-increasing demand of proofreaders and editors.
A plenty of legitimate opportunities are available online for self-employed persons who have a deeper understanding of English language and concentration power for a long spell.
How to Find Proofreading Jobs From Home
- Contact Newspaper Publishers in Your Area. Freelance proofreaders are often hired by the local newspaper as there is a never-ending need of proofreading professionals to help them review copies. It is recommended to approach the local as well as leading city newspapers and let them know about your skills and services.
- Visit Publisher’s Offices and Graphic Design Houses to build up your contacts. Leave your resumes and business cards and show your interest in offering proofreading services.
- You may contact business organizations and government bodies also. They have a steady requirement of potential proofreaders to review lots of materials. If you organize a workshop or attend some seminars and events where business owners will be present, you can make them understand how you can become the indispensable part for their business by providing proofreading services.
- Get in touch with your College and University who generally have job placement departments. Ask them if they offer such services in the field you’re finding jobs.
- Search Freelance Marketplaces for Proofreading Jobs from Home. There are several online workplaces such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer where proofreading jobs are listed under “writing and editing” category. Here employers come from various fields and you have a fair chance to secure a proofreading position according to your skills and interest.
- Find proofreading jobs from home on the web. Browse online jobs listed on popular job sites such as Monster, Career Builder and Indeed.com.