Starting a car wash business is a realistic idea coz’ the numbers of cars on the roads are increasing on daily and every car needs a proper wash in a regular interval. From a business standpoint, it is bit challenging and tedious while at the same time, it returns a good profit. Starting any kind of business has a challenge but if you select a right location and provide first-rate service to your clients, you will see your business will flourishing day after day. So, before getting into a car wash business, you need to consider several factors for getting success. I request you too through the article in details to find out how to start and succeed in starting a car wash business.
Market Demand of the Business
As you all know that since urbanization the need of car has always increased that is why in urban areas you can find 75 % of people have their own vehicles and every vehicle needs regular maintenance that is servicing and cleaning. So it’s a huge scope to cash on the opportunity but you need to decide the margin of capital investment and the size of the business. Car wash business can be of two types:-
- Hand car wash: – In this, you will need a higher number of skilled labours as the washing and cleaning will be done manually. You don’t need to invest much capital in starting this as there is less involvement of equipment in this type of, but it is a traditional process and if not planned properly it may not attract much profit.
- Automatic car wash: – In this, type you need different car wash equipment for the service. It is a full automated process and needs the least involvement of manual labour. This is the attractive business plan but you will need big investment to start this one but it is a profitable choice as the time consumption will be reduced with higher perfection in the work. Over that it’s a onetime investment as you don’t need to pay the higher number of labours every month and the equipment may just need maintenance in regular intervals.
So these are the two available options for starting a car wash business and above the two second one is the best option to start the business and earn a big margin of profit.
Recommended steps for starting a car wash business
As mentioned earlier that if you want to have a good margin of profit then you need to invest a little more than the usual for a complete advanced and automatic car wash center. Below are the few recommended steps that you may find helpful for your business setup: –
- Create a business plan: – Creating a proper business plan helps you a lot in many ways and the most important of them is that it helps you to get financial loans from banks or other financial institutes. It also helps to get aware of the business style and pros and cons.
- Do a thorough research: – It is a must for everything which we try to do for the first time. A research becomes essential when the involvement of capital is higher. So do a proper market research about the car was business like what other car washing centers are charging for the services, what is the required equipment, find out the trend of the business, customers need, up’s and down in the field and how to cope with them etc. This will help you to have an alternative plan for every situation.
- Location: – A good location is a must for the success of a car wash business. It must be in front of the road as no one will bother to go half a mile extra to reach you until and unless you are giving something extra. The business should be located in a kind of place which can be easily accessed and choose the location after checking few factors like how far is the next car washing centre, is the road busy one, highway or new shopping malls are the perfect places for the same.
- Complete the legal formalities: – Completing legal formalities for the same will not be a big issue, create an attractive name for your centre and complete or the legal formalities like permits, licensing etc by contacting your nearby concerned office.
- Get the required equipment: –The need of the equipment will depend on the type of business you are starting, so select them wisely and get them from authorized dealers and check the maintenance procedures and servicing formalities. The equipment should be new and in proper working condition and most important should be from reputed brands.
- Hire Employees: – Whatever type you choose for starting a car wash business, you will need few staffs for running the same. Take a proper interview about the experience and skills. The staffs should be well behaved and polite with the customers. Do a proper background check before hiring.
- Promote well for success: – As there will be a big amount of investment required for starting a car wash business, so don’t leave a table unturned to promote your business. From newspaper’s to flex boards, to billboards in highways to digital media use every resources to promote the same.
So with this, you are almost done with the procedures of starting a car wash business. You can add few other services along with the car washing like servicing of cars or bikes, home pickup and delivery of cars etc. Any added service always attracts customers.