Do you get compliments from your family members and friends for making tasty dishes? Is cooking your passion? If you love cooking and are interested to share your expertise with others, you can start your in home cooking classes. It not only indulges your passion, but brings some extra bucks in your free time. Cooking is also a kind of art which needs special skills to master on. If you already have good taste in cooking along with the skill, then consider yourself as the best candidate to teach cookery lessons from your home. Nowadays, cooking classes have a great demand so there is a big open market lying in front of you to capture.
Who Will Enroll?
In India, good cooking is the key to a happy family. If your wife is mad at you, just prepare a luscious dish for her and watch how she melts and a husband, of course, can never be mad at his wife, who has that dare to do, but jokes apart it is easy for a wife to keep her family happier with her good cooking skill.
So there is no doubt that the count of enrollment will be a great number as newlywed ladies will surely come to join along with aspiring chefs, housewives and may also get some boys in your class.
Requirements to Start Cooking Classes
Starting an in home cooking class means you will be teaching students, so you need to have the required skills and equipment to run the class.
- Skill: In India, there are several religions with several tastes of food, so to start a cooking class you need to have the complete knowledge of culinary of different types of Indian cuisines. You can refer different magazines or search online for different cooking styles, but if you seriously want to earn big with cooking classes at home then the best idea is to get yourself admitted in some of the best cooking classes in your city. It will give a lot of benefits, firstly you will be able to learn different Indian or International cuisines and second you will get an experience about how to run a cooking class.
- Place: You can easily start your class at your home in any of the empty rooms and if there is no empty room you can even conduct the cooking class in your own kitchen. Just make sure to keep it tidy and finish all your household activities before the class.
- Investment: Other than buying equipment and advertising, there is no need of much investment as you will be conducting the class at your home only. You can rent or buy a separate studio when you have a huge count of students, but till then your house is the best option.
- Equipment: In our normal household cooking, you don’t need much of the equipment to use, but for starting an in house cooking class you will need several equipments like a micro oven, tandoor, boiler, steamer, beater and of course a normal household oven. You can also add induction oven in the equipment as it is the new trend of cooking. A mixture and a grinder is also required and you can also promote nature ways to mix and grind the masalas as they always leave a better taste.
- Promotion: From Tata to Ambani, all small or big business enterprises promotes their product so that they can reach the customers, so it will be a good idea to invest some amount for the promotion of your business.
- Online Promotion: In this era, it will be rare to find a single person who is not using facebook or other social media sites or watching videos online. Just open an account with the brand name of your cooking class and put different videos of your cooking like a guide. You can also put pictures and videos of your class. This is the easiest and cheapest way to promote your business.
Along with your regular cooking class, you can even start teaching about how to make papad’s, chocolates, confectioneries etc, which can be helpful for many households to start small scale business at home and will also give a good promotion of your cooking class
Precautions to Take
A small business has a very little margin of errors to make as the involvement of capital is very less here. So you need to take every step very carefully before starting the cooking classes. First, invest very carefully at the beginning until you have a good number of students, secondly promote smartly like you can start uploading your cooking videos or start an online cooking class to check the response and feedback. It will give you the idea of your skill. Increase more engagement programs in your class like conducting exams or contests etc.
In house cooking classes are a great way to earn easy money from home as you don’t need to do a 9 to 5 job and also enjoy the work. Slowly you an even start other side businesses like fast food business or a restaurant along with the cooking classes.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)