Remember those days when we used to cuddle our soft toys and play for long hours with them. After growing up to an adult still we fascinate about soft toys, don’t you? So the idea about the business of soft toys making at home stuck to me and I was amazed to find how easy and profitable is the soft toys making business. So let us find more about the business.
There is a huge scope of soft toys making business in the Indian market as from kids to adult all loves soft toys especially the feminine group. Just find out the demand for soft toys during valentine’s day, you will be surprised to find that girls get more happy with a cute soft toy than any other expensive gifts.
Small kids always love soft toys especially the teddy bear. Soft toys are generally found in the form of animals or small babies and are a great and full of fun toy. Being the second highest populated country, the need of toys are also very high in the market and over that soft toys are not very expensive in compare to other electronic toys.
Another thing that gives a huge boost to soft toys making business is the brand. Customers don’t look for any specific brands while buying the soft toys; they only check the quality of the product.
Steps to start Soft Toys Making Business
You can easily start soft toys making at home as it doesn’t need a huge amount of capital to invest. With few equipment, you can easily begin with soft toys making at home. You can start your soft toys making business on a small scale from your house only and later on can grow the same.
- Research and business plan: – Before starting soft toys making at home for the business purpose, you should do a thorough research of the same like the market to sell the finished products, production procedure, latest trends etc.
After the detailed research is done, you should prepare a business plan which should be containing all the necessary steps to be taken from starting production to selling the finished goods. Take reference from your research and make a plan accordingly to cope up with the ups and downs of the business.
- Legal Procedures: – Not much legal formalities are required for the business of soft toys making at home. Get a trade license from your local municipality office and start with your business.
- Capital: – As mentioned earlier, you don’t need a huge capital for starting soft toys making at home. You can start with a capital of 50,000 to 1, 00,000 Rs and invest more later on when you start getting a smoother flow and demand of your business.
Procedures for Soft Toys Making at Home
Stitching and knitting are inbuilt qualities of ladies, thus the process of soft toys making at home suits the feminine group the most but it doesn’t mean that man can’t do the job, if they have the knowledge of stitching and knitting then it is good of them also as this are the most basic skill required for soft toys making at home.
The procedure of soft toys making at home is very simple and it is same like stitching quilt at home where we put cotton the clothes and stitch them all over, likewise in soft toys we need to cut the clothes with the desired pattern of animals shape and then stuff them with sponge or other materials and stitch them accordingly.
Required Materials for Soft Toys Making at Home
With a maximum area of 500 sq ft, you can easily start soft toys making at home. You will need few types of machinery for the same like: –
- Sewing Machine.
- Scissors, tapes, needles, threads etc.
- Packing machine and others
The number of the machine will depend on how big you are starting your soft toys making business. Starting with 2 to 4 sewing machines is a good idea as sewing is the main part of the job.
Soft toys are generally made up of clothes and acrylic furs, other than these; you will also need items like eyes, buttons, nose and other designing items.
Important tips for a Successful Soft Toys Making Business
Forgetting success, every business needs to have three basic important specialties, which determines the success in the long run: –
- Quality: – As soft toys are not brand dependent, so you have a great scope to capture the business with highest quality products as people will only buy if the quality is good. You can use special materials which are not harmful to small kids.
- Price: – You need to fix the best possible rate for your product without compromising the quality. To get more demand on your business, the rate should be lucrative.
Supply: – The production should always continue and you should always have ready material at your stocks. Disruption in the supply gives a bad effect to the continuation of the business.