eBay trading assistant business is a nice business idea for those who are a lot into online selling and have experience in the same. eBay is one of the leading online selling markets and being an eBay trading assistant is a great way to earn a good margin of profit by helping others to sell their item through this site. Today there are thousands of eBay trading assistants who are making a good livelihood through this profession.
eBay is one of the most popular online markets where millions of people buy and sell products on daily basis and not everyone is perfect and knowledgeable in this process, so an eBay trading assistant helps the individuals to sell their product online.
So the market potentiality is not much high neither very less, as there is no need of personal investment required and you can earn a good amount of profit margin by selling products of someone else, so it makes this a good business idea.
Ins and Outs of Starting an eBay Trading Assistant Business
Every business ideas come along with few advantages and lot of disadvantages, but the important thing is to use the advantages in the correct ways for the success of the business and take necessary steps in the most skill full manner to suppress the disadvantages factors so that it doesn’t affect the business.
- Home Based: You can start this business just by sitting at home; you don’t need to go to any particular office or shop to run the same. However, you may need to visit customers place for assisting them in selling the items.
- Passive Income Stream: As is a home based business idea, so you can even work as eBay trading assistant along with any of your current jobs. So it’s a nice idea to pocket some extra bucks from this business.
- Least Investment: The required investment is very low in eBay trading assistant business as you will be selling on behalf of someone else, so you don’t need to invest anything.
- Easy to Commence: As it is a kind of small scale business idea, the required procedure to start this business is very easy. You just need to have a good online selling experience and you are ready to go.
- Required Skills: Unlike other services and business, you don’t need any particular degree or skill for becoming an eBay trading assistant. You just need to have a good online selling experience on eBay.
- Equipment: Just a good camera is what you need as your equipment for this job to post photographs for your client.
- Location: As mentioned earlier, this one is a home based business idea, so you don’t need any specific infrastructure like shop for this business. Your online presence will be more effective in this sector.
- Uncertainty: The market of this business is not certain neither can you do much to increase the business as the decision of selling products completely depends on the seller.
- Low income: The income from this business is not fixed and as it’s just the commission that you will be earning, so the amount will be not much higher unless you get a good amount of customers for selling their products.
- Risk: You are not 100 % assured that the money is yours until you get a 100 % satisfied feedback as the buyer may not like the product and opt for changing the same and then you may need to return the money. So It is important that you choose the items carefully to sell.
How to Start an eBay Trading Assistant Business
Below are the things and steps you need to start an eBay trading assistant business:
- Skills: You may not need any particular degree or certificate to be an eBay trading assistant but you need some skills like: –
- Photography: You will need to take a good photograph of the items that you will be selling on eBay.
- Selling Ability: You need to possess a good retailing and merchandise skill to sell items.
- Knowledge about eBay: As eBay is the platform of your business, so you need to have a strong knowledge eBay and its different features and options.
- Communication Skills: As you need to communicate directly with the sellers and buyers, so a good communication skill mainly in the local language is a must to possess.
Get into the eBay trading assistants directory: To be a trading assistant in eBay, you need to get listed in the directory and fulfill the below requirements:
- You must sell at least four items in the last one month on eBay.
- Feedback score needs to be 50 or higher.
- Have more than 90 % of positive feedback.
- Should have a good standing in your eBay account.
So these are all that you need to start your own eBay trading assistant business. It’s a nice way to have some additional income source and can be your best source of income if can be managed properly. The best part is that you can merge this business idea with any other business or even run the same along with your service.