If you have creative eyes along with the fascination of make-up, you can give a go ahead to your dream of becoming a freelance make-up artist. This is quite an attractive career opportunity for those who want to have freedom and flexibility in their professional life. As a freelance make-up artist, you are the one and only of your business; you need not to answer anyone for your activities. What you need is to build up a solid clientele to whom you provide makeup services. Your work will be on per order basis. As you are not attached with beauty salons, you need to work hard to manage each and every tasks relating to the business and most importantly attract the clients and make them known about your services.
After completion of the state-recognized make-up course and getting certified, you can easily get a job in any of the reputed salons and spas but now a day’s lots of make-up artists are running their own personal business and earning moolah from the same. If you are interested in becoming a freelance make-up artist, this post will surely help you to fulfill your dream.
Market demand for make-up artists
Women always love to look nice and beautiful and the age group doesn’t come as an influence here. From just teen to maximum every lady wants to look nice and does the regular make-up stuff in the parlor. And you can easily capture the market becoming a freelance make-up artist with you dexterity in make-up.
Benefits of becoming a freelance make-up artist
Who doesn’t loves to have his or her own business and earn a good amount from that? The option of becoming a freelance make-up artist opens a huge gate of opportunity to capture. Let’s find out few basic benefits of freelance make-up artist: –
- Do it as a part time: – Studying or working if you have interest and skills in make-up you can easily do the freelance make-up job at your free time and this will also bring cash in your pocket and add experience to you.
- Create your own customer base: – In parlors’ you need to abide by the rules of the owner, but by becoming a freelance make-up artist you can be your own boss and create your own customers base. It might be hard at the beginning but with your skill, you can create a huge customer base of your own.
- No Bindings: – You can leave the same whenever you want, exams coming or getting married or going outside for further studies, you can leave at any moment.
- Give personal touch: – Here you can give your own personal touch to create a bonding with the customer which is not possible outside. Like in beauty parlor’s you may need to do the job with any particular brand of product, but freelance make-up artists usually use the product which is suitable for the situation depending on various factors like customers choice, price, availability, quality of product etc.
So these are the few benefits that you can enjoy by becoming a freelance make-up artist. As per me the, biggest benefit is that you can work for yourself, you work harder and get the desired result and enjoy the same by yourself, but in the case of working for others you need to work hardest and some other gets the maximum benefits leaving a piece of bread for you to enjoy.
Tips and steps for Becoming a Freelance Make-up Artist
At first, let’s discuss what are the things that you will need to become a freelance make-up artist: –
- Skills: – Any business you want to start or join any service, skill is the basic thing that you need. In services, you might get the chance of getting trained but in the case of business, you need to have this in you from the beginning. You can make it better with day to day experience but at first get a professional training and get certified with the make-up skill.
- Legal Formalities: – You don’t need many legal formalities to do but you can visit your nearest concerned office and find out if you need any registration or certificates or not.
- Get you kit: – Make your own make up kit for the business. Use few common products of different brands with varying qualities and prices. But at the beginning you don’t need to have a professional kit, you can arrange the same at the time of the service. Just begin with a basic make-up kit.
- Energy and Stamina with patience: – You need to be very energetic as you might need to handle more than expected customer at a single day and you also need to be very calm and cool; different customers have the different mindset, so for getting good business you always need to be in their good books.
So till now your 80 % job of becoming a freelance make-up artist is completed, now to start the business and run it smoothly you need to follow three simple rules:- Promotion, Promotion and promotion.
Yes, how much skilled you might be, but without proper marketing of your skills and services, your business will never grow. With the digitalization there is a huge scope of promoting business like social media, digital media and the traditional ways like ads in newspapers and posters are also very effective.
Don’t expect high returns from the beginning. Focus on creating your customers base then getting profit. One overwhelmed customer can give you hundred more and you will never regret of making the decision of becoming a freelance make-up artist.