You might have seen in many job sites that companies are looking for highly educated individuals for the positions of search engine evaluator. They are offering good pay rates also. Do you know what actually the job is and how do they work? Let me explain…. Basically, a search engine evaluator job is one of the popular work from home options that gives you enough flexibility in working times as well as offers a good income. Moreover, it’s such a virtual position that involves zero phone work.
Unlike doing any business or service, you don’t have to go outside your home for doing search engine evaluation; just wake up from your bed, freshen up and go to your place of work which may be the next room only, isn’t it exciting? But don’t assume that, being a home based job the earnings of a search engine evaluator is less. A skilled person can earn on an average of 12 to 15 USD per hour. Now I assume this idea has started to sound more interesting.
What is the Job of a Search Engine Evaluator?
Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and others get billions of searches every second. The search engine provides the result according to the set algorithm pattern. But they still need human interference so that it shows the perfect result of the searched word in the engine.
As a search engine evaluator, you need to assess the accuracy of the results shown up by the engine according to the relevancy of the type term. For example, if you are looking for Royal Bengal Tigers, it means that you want to know about the black n yellow stripped animal, not about any movie or others having the same name. So as an evaluator, you need to make sure that perfect result comes as per the searched items.
How to Choose Search Engine Evaluators Jobs as a Career
Be it a business or service, it is always suggested to do a complete and thorough research about the same before venturing into. Likewise, you also need to do a complete research about the job of a search engine evaluator. The search evaluation companies generally hire individual as an independent contractor, not as the direct employee of their company. They also ask to sign a NDA agreement stating that contractor working as a search engine evaluator will not reveal any confidential data regarding search engine algorithms or the particulars of the job and pay rate. In this article, you will get most of the idea about the job description and how it works, but it is again suggested to do a self-research before dedicating yourself in the same. Let’s find out some of the pros and cons of this job:
This agreement states that you will not disclose any confidential information about a search engine’s algorithms or the specifics of the search engine evaluation job, including your pay rate and specific tasks.
- Home Based: What job can offer you the independence to work in your pajamas only? Just wake up, freshen yourself and start working. There is no need to fight the busy traffic or the unpredictable weather.
- No Investment: Just a computer with a high speed internet is all that you need to do this job. I assume, as you are reading this article, you already have the same.
- Packages: Although it is not confirmed information due to the Non Disclosure Agreement, but a skilled search engine evaluator can earn 15 USD per hour.
- Super-flexible work schedule: Just work at your own pace to meet the deadlines.
- Good Pay Rate:
- Irregular Jobs: At a time you may feel like overloaded with works and again you may spend few days just waiting for work.
- Working Hour Management: – As you will be paid according to the working hours, it is very important to manage the same. It is always difficult to keep a balance between your personal life and working life while doing home based jobs.
- Contractual Employment: Companies are hiring workers on contract basis. They may or may not renew the contract further. Naturally it is quite uncertain whether your contract will get renewed or not.
How to Get Hired as a Search Engine Evaluator
You may have heard from many people that Internet is full of fake and false companies claiming themselves to offer work from home. To some extent it is true, but it is also true that there are many authentic companies which offer you the best opportunity to earn big by just working from home. For the search engine evaluator jobs, below are the five best companies which hires for search engine evaluator and of course they are genuine and pays good:-
- Appen Butler Hill
But don’t assume that getting the job of a search engine evaluator will be an easy task. You need to study hard for this and appear for examination conducted by individual companies. However, you will be provided with study materials and if you study well, it is not like a rocket science to pass the exam and get hired.
The examination usually consist three parts one is theoretical component and two practical components. You have the leverage of referring to the supplied study material during the examination.
Basic Required Skills to be a Search Engine Evaluator
As search engine is a broader thing, you need to have the knowledge in a wide range of areas. Along with knowledge, you also need to have interest in different fields. Below are the basic skills that are required for the search engine evaluation job: –
- University Degree or awaited result. Advanced degree is always an added benefit.
- Need to have detailed knowledge and familiarity about American social, political and web culture and up to date information’s about the same.
- Must have great analytical skills along with web research skills.
- Excellent skill in written English.
- Should have interest in a wide range of areas and have expertise in some specific areas is again an added plus point.
- Need to have an updated computer system along with high speed internet service.
- An Android phone o version 4.1 or above or Windows phone version 8.1 and above or iPhone version 4s and above is required.
So if you possess the above-mentioned skills and expertise and want to have a bright career from home, then the job of a search engine evaluator is a perfect choice for you. Over that, you can also pursue the same as a part-time job along with your other business or services.