For doing services, you need to have specific skills and credentials to perform the job and in a result, you can earn a fixed salary and sometimes added incentives monthly. But there are many small scale business ideas which can be started by anyone with a need of very small investment and training about the job. The result of the business is the profit that you can earn and that is not fixed, you can earn as much as you can deliver and for that, it is not mandatory to have an excellent curriculum background. Liquid soap making business is one of the small scale business ideas which have a big market potentiality and over that soap making business can easily be started with the least capital investment.
Market Potentiality of Soap Making Business
Urban or rural, rich or poor, every house in this world need soaps to wash clothes and dishes and it is used every day. So just imagine in the population of more than 1 billion, how big the market potentiality of liquid soap making is.
Over that, the liquid soap is gradually taking over the market of solid soaps and detergents. Now the liquid soaps can be used in different ways like: –
- For washing clothes.
- For washing dishes.
- For hand washes.
- As body wash.
- As car wash.
Advantages of Liquid Soap Making Business
Every business comes with both pros and cons and if you can strike a perfect balance between the same, successes is just few distance away.
Pros of liquid soap making business: –
- It can be started with very less amount of investment.
- Can be started at home if you have the required empty place.
- Doesn’t require high skill qualification to learn the process.
- The market for liquid soap is gradually capturing the whole solid soap business.
- Millions of people buy soap for washing purposes on daily basis.
- With the increased knowledge and awareness, the demand of hand wash has also observed a huge growth in the market.
Cons of liquid soap making business
- Need extensive marketing strategies to make the business.
- Need to maintain the required quality on every produced unit.
- Once the demand increases, need to grow the production as per the demand. If supply is stopped, the market goodwill will be damaged.
How Liquid Soap Making Business is Capturing the Solid Soap Business
Use of solid soap is the traditional way, now with the each passing days new and modern things are coming into the market with greater advantages and cost effectiveness. Liquid soaps are considered better than the solid soaps. The main reason behind the same are: –
- Cost Effectiveness: – The liquid soaps are more cost effective than the solid soaps as the later easily gets melt and lots of quantity of soap is damaged without using. If you use solid soaps for washing dishes or bathing, you can easily check out how much soap gets wasted on daily basis.
- Hygienic: – Liquid soaps are more hygienic than the solid soaps. Take the example of hand washing. In the case of liquid soap, the hand wash is done by taking few drops from the bottle. So no way to contaminate the original content. But in solid soaps, it is easily contaminated.
- Quality: – The quality of the soap remains intact for a long time in liquid soap as it is closed with a lid in the bottle.
So these are the few advantages of liquid soap over solid soaps and if you are interested in opening your own liquid soap making unit, you can use these points for the promotion of your products.
How to Start a Liquid Soap Making Business
Before commencing your business, make a proper business plan and do a thorough research of the business. It will help you throughout the business procedures.
- Arrange Capital: – The need of capital is very less in starting a soap making business if you have a higher capital you can start a medium or large scale or unit or you can easily begin with a small scale.
- Find a Location: – If the capital doesn’t permit, you can easily start your liquid soap making unit at your home and later you can shift as the business grows.
- Register Your Business: – Nearest administrative office or municipality office will easily give your business a registration. They will provide you trade license. Apply for pan card no. There are not many formalities in it.
- Apply for ECOMARK Criteria: You need to apply for the consent clearance at the pollution control board and ECOMARK at Bureau of Indian Standard.
- Get the Skills: – Get the required training from the vocational centers and the training cost is also very cheap.
- Purchase Equipment: – During the training only you can get the details information of the required equipment. You can also refer the internet for the same.
- Promote Your Business: – This is one of the deciding factors of the success of your business. Take extensive promotional strategies to advertise your product and brand.
Simple Tips for Success in Liquid Soap Making Business
- Start from a small unit and gradually increase the production as per the success of the product.
- Never compromise with the quality of the product, if required can increase the price gradually but don’t compromise with quality for the lesser price.
- Set the price as per the other competitive brands.
- Can introduce organic products as it’s a new trend in the market.
- Try having different product range under the same brand like liquid soap for bath, washing clothes, dishes and hands.
Thus the liquid soap making business is highly flourishing in this huge market. So if you want to make it big in the business, it’s better to start as soon as possible to avoid more competition as remember, there may be millions of more people who are reading this article and thinking about starting the soap making business.
(Visited 90 times, 1 visits today)